Free standard shipping in the U.S. with your $35 order!
Watercolor Galaxy on Wood—Moon Baby
Materials: 8.5″ Diameter Pine Slice, Watercolor Ground, Professional Watercolor Paints, Fine Art Fixative, Golden Archival Varnish UV Protective Finish
The dark purple and indigo tones of “Moon Baby” are sure to catch your eye in this watercolor galaxy on wood slab painting!
Featuring a smoothed, hand painted rim, this stellar stunner on a sturdy wood slab base has been treated with archival measures to ensure longevity. Display this unique piece in your office or home, or give it as a special gift to the art lover or artist in your life. With rich pigmenting and sharp, smooth edge, this piece is dreamy view of a dark galaxy sky for any dreamer to get lost in.
“Moon Baby” is an original, one-of-a-kind watercolor painting by Jade A. Waters, and ships free in the U.S.
Only 1 left in stock
• Large pine wood slab is 3/4" thick and approximately 8.5" diameter
• No bark design—edges of wood slice are smoothed and painted in cream color to "frame" the work
• Pretreated with watercolor ground
• Hand painted with Winsor and Newton and Daniel Smith watercolors
• Top coated with several layers of pigment fixative
• Layered with Golden protective archival varnish with UV stabilizers to reduce light damage
• Display stand available as optional add-on
• Comes with info sheet by the artist, and painting is signed and titled on back
♡ Care of Watercolor Art on Wood:
The beauty of watercolor is its transparent, delicate nature, which allows layering to bring out full tones and levels in an art piece. This one-of-a-kind work of art is treated with archival protectants to nearly mimic the effect of shielding it behind glass, which will help ensure your artwork lasts. However, your work of art should be treated as such, with care taken to avoid fingerprints, dust, water spills, or direct sunlight, as this can diminish the nature of any art work (in particular watercolor work) over time. Art on wood also requires extra care, as wood slices can shatter if dropped or banged with force—but if you treat your art with love, it will love you back for decades to come. ♡
A note on artwork colors in photos—efforts have been made to make colors in photos look as true to the real life painting as possible, however, variations in monitor settings may present colors slightly differently.
Artwork is ready to ship in 2 - 3 business days.
*FREE STANDARD U.S. SHIPPING* in 1 - 3 business days via USPS, with sturdy wrapped packaging to protect your art in travel. Pricing for international shipping varies by location.